The real-life adventures of Sharkey and other triops, as recorded from my windowsill at Crayola


4.29.2005

Batch 3: Day 12

Remaining monsters: 2
The lonely triops (pictured below on Day 9) is now swimming among the stars. I put the remaining 2 into the larger bowl at the end of Day 10, and fished out Lonely's swiftly greening corpse. I guess his potential for greatness beyond the tank drove him to a quiet madness, and eventually, a watery grave (I only wish I had taken a picture, but I was afraid I'd lose my lunch).

Looper doesn't seem to be having a problem with his tail anymore; in fact, he's developed a nifty white ring around the upper part. He's also experimenting with different dance techniques, and has become quite a showoff.

And finally, the sand of the late legend Sharkey has been completely dry for quite sometime now; I will hopefully be hatching some behemoth Sharkeys in early June.

Day 12 highlights - Looper's anomaly, Sharkey's sand (riveting!), and Looper's Dance Techniques vol. 2:
          

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool movie i bought some too