The real-life adventures of Sharkey and other triops, as recorded from my windowsill at Crayola


4.11.2005

Batch 2: Day 20

Final Score Sharkey:5. Tankmates:0
No need to name the smaller triops - all that remained of her this morning was the tip of a tail whisker, which I am assuming Sharkey was saving as a war trophy. If Sharkey has any regrets, it would probably be that I changed her water and gravel before she could eat her own moltings.

Now let's just see how big I can grow her before she joins her murdered tankmates in that great brackish billabong in the sky; I'm sure they'll have a lot to talk about.

Sharkey: "If only my tank-mates hadn't been so delicious!"
    

Pondering: what won't Sharkey eat?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madness!! What you should do is get another tank, utilize Sharkey's brand of natural selection to breed yet another Uber-Triops, one that can match your champion's sheer power and appetite. Then put them in a tank together and see who emerges victorious! It's like a very tiny Thunderdome!

Anonymous said...

If only you could put a camera on them overnight so we could watch the heinous act take place! Darwinism becomes entertainment for the masses! That'll show those darn Christians!

Meech said...

Actually one of my co-workers started her own batch at the same time... she raised a true beast ("Spot") who is even bigger than my mighty fatso. We were considering putting them in a tank together to see who would survive the weekend but it seemed a darn shame. In the coming months, we're thinking about separating all our hatched triops from Sharkey's and Spot's eggs into tiers to conduct a full-scale Deathmatch! For sure I'll be selling t-shirts.

And yes, darn the Christians. (PS-Sharkey is heavily Buddhist)