The real-life adventures of Sharkey and other triops, as recorded from my windowsill at Crayola


4.01.2005

Batch 2: Day 10

I left a covering (plastic plate with a hole cut through) on their tank for the night to test for evaporation and heat; this method seems ok aside from a bit of condensation in the tank. The water looked a little greenish today, so I decided to do a water change. Here's some visual excitement during the momentous occasion, including a great video of them going ballistic while waiting for their new water to warm up. Relax, guys!
    

Of note: I discovered the female digging at the gravel like a mini whirlwind machine of destruction. Either she didn't care for the décor, or she was attempting to make a spot to lay her eggs. I tried moving some of the stones for her but she wouldn't have any of it; apparently I wasn't doing her any favors, so I just sat back and watched.
        

No comments: